Thursday 26 January 2012

Got the Blues?

Today I have been feeling pretty stressed and grumpy. I have always had this mantra that happiness is a choice, that you can stop yourself from being sad, but even I forget this sometimes. At the moment we are trying to find a new house to rent out for our final year at uni, the problem is, most of the 4 bed houses are gone and the ones left are utter dumps. So I started to feel down and then I decided to take Barney Stinsons advise...


Here are my top 5 tips to cheer yourself up and get back to being awesome again!

  1. Turn on some of your favorite music, loud, jump around and sing loudly! This works for me every time!
  2. Doll yourself up! When I feel blue, I put on one of my favorite outfits (even if I'm just sitting around the house) and I do my hair and makeup, looking good on the outside, makes you feel better on the inside!
  3. Get together with some friends and tell them you need cheering up, I know in my case, my friends come up with some hilarious ways to make me smile!
  4. Tidy! This probably sounds weird, but when I'm sad its often about something I can't control, but I can control how tidy I am, so I go on a cleaning spree (cleaning also helps to take your mind off things)
  5. Plan something you know you will enjoy, (I'm planning an outing for tomorrow night right now haha)
So there are some simple tips to cheer yourself up fast! Just listing them has made me feel ten times better!


4 comments: