Friday 29 June 2012

Hair Henna

Last Friday, I did something rather drastic. I hennaed my hair! I have never dyed my hair before, so this was a big step for me. Last Christmas I had an appointment booked to get my hair dyed and I chickened out and cancelled it, so finally I have done it!

 Problem was that I did it myself (never a good idea), I did no research on henna.I was told (by unreliable resources) that it would wash out very quickly and that it would not change the colour of my hair that much, well that was wrong!! Turns out the dye is permanent and cannot be dyed over as it is oil based.It also can  make your hair go very orange, which is what happened to mine.

The packet suggested to leave the henna on for 30 mins to 2 hours, I left mine in for 30 mins, my hairdresser told me this is where I went wrong. My hair was at first bright highlighter orange! Thankfully it has faded to a nicer coppery/auburn colour which I now actually really like!

Before

After!

I look really different in both these pictures, (the top one is just before a night out, and the second was taken today after a day of shopping) but the hairstyle is the same so I thought it would be a good comparison! So what do you think? I actually now really love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment